I provide effective consulting that focuses on business
process reengineering and management process improvement. Projects
- Improved data quality and processes to achieve a 60%
improvement (from 5 days to 2 days), working with
multiple stakeholders in a financial information
company, to reduce month-end duration for accounting
"book closing" and financial analysis with the
application of Six Sigma/TQM principles and custom
Became the "resident expert" on software that was new to
me at the start of the project.
- Reduced processing time from days to less than 30
minutes and eliminated errors in an Excel-based
reporting application that worked with a large data set.
The application provided custom reports on individual,
department, division, and corporate performance in
multiple customer service metrics.
- Integrated quantitative and qualitative analysis of
a very large data set in Excel to develop conceptual
recommendations to a public utility's senior management
to address customer issues and improve customer
satisfaction in the utility's call center.
- Successfully completed a systems analysis project
that required communicating accounting and financial
methodology requirements to the software development
team of a startup company focused on customer education
in the financial sector.
- Business process improvements in clinical
health-care services to streamline reimbursements with
the application of auditing methodology to evaluate and
improve data and information flow. The business
information was modeled into data requirements and then
a database using Access, with analysis in Excel. The
goal was to eliminate or minimize delays caused by
cross-department "hand offs".
- Developed an Excel based cost allocation model for
diagnostic imaging practices that replaced an extremely
complex and impractically data-intensive model.
- Investment recommendations to a Venture Capitalist
based on an in-depth financial review of investment
opportunities including assessing the risk profile.
- Optimized shop-floor scheduling to support corporate
Operating Strategy goals through innovative software
- Representative of a large computer manufacturer on
the Excel and financial analysis committees developing a
or call 1-650-91TMEHTA (1-650-918-6348)
- Expertise in diverse sectors: financial services,
utility, brokerage, aerospace, education, financial
- Expertise working with organizations of all sizes
from multi-nationals to startups
- Conveniently located near San Francisco, Silicon
Valley, with easy travel options
- LinkedIn profile: